Statement of Faith
The corporation (Intercede International) shall continually and steadfastly uphold and maintain the following minimum Statement of Faith, to wit:
- We believe in the unique divine inspiration and authority of the Holy Scriptures as contained in the Old and New Testaments. By this is meant a miraculous guidance by the Holy Spirit in their original writings, so that the result is the very Word of God; the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
- We believe in the one God, who has manifested Himself as the Father, as the Son and as the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that as through one man sin entered the world and death through sin, so death passed upon all for that all have sinned.
- We believe in the virgin birth and true deity of our Lord Jesus Christ. We believe in the death of Jesus Christ as the only true substitute and that His shed blood was and is a sufficient atonement for sin. We believe in His bodily resurrection from death and in His soon-coming personal return to the earth in power and glory.
- We believe that believers are justified by faith and are accounted righteous before God only through the merit of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, and that all who are so justified are born anew and receive eternal life which is Christ in us the hope of glory, but that those who have not been born again shall not see the Kingdom of God.
- We believe in the everlasting blessedness of the saved who are in Christ, and that God Himself will judge the lost who are outside of Christ.
- We believe that all true believers are one body in Christ and every one members one of another.
- We believe it to be the supreme responsibility of the disciples of our Lord Jesus Christ to make His Gospel known among all nations.
– from the Bylaws of Intercede International